CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Dreamweaver Integration with CCS ASP.Net VB

Print topic Send  topic

sagacity

Posted: 09/18/2004, 11:33 AM

I am building my pages with CCS and modifying the page layout in dreamweaver. My problem is that CCS uses both an html and an aspx page. So it appears that my layout changes in dreamweaver are done twice. This is a serious pain. Please CCS, work on better integration with Dreamweaver or at least allow the layout changes to be made in a single place. The synchronize function would be a nice place to incorporate this.

I know this appears to be complaining, but I Love This Product.

Thanks
Darrin Dossey
peterr

Posted: 09/18/2004, 11:57 AM

Hi Darrin,

I believe that you should be able to modify just the HTML pages, not ASPX. The ASPX is created automatically as the result of HTML, or in other words HTML is converted into ASPX by CodeCharge Studio when you select "Live Page" or "Publish". Thus by modifying the HTML you'd be modifying the source, and later have ASPX as the result.
Also keep in mind that your HTML page resides in the CCS project folder, while APSX page is the output published to the Web server.
I'm not sure what happens if you modify both HTML and ASPX, but I recommend that you create a new test page and try modifying just the HTML, then check if your changes show up in ASPX on the Web server.
View profile  Send private message
Darrin Dossey
Posted: 09/18/2004, 2:41 PM

It appears that the html and aspx pages are synchronized only when you do a Live Page preview, then publish. Also when you delete pages from a project it leaves the .vb, .aspx behind.

Thanks for the hint that will help.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login