CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

Date picker errors

Print topic Send  topic

infandous

Posted: 10/04/2004, 1:57 PM

This is a bit odd, since it happens with an external connection to the web site, but not on our local network. When I select a date picker from the live page I get a "Permission denied" error (line 570). The date picker displays, but you can't select a different date or go to a different month or year. When the current date is selected, it populates the text box with the correct date and format, but causes an error "top:newWinDatePickerObject is null or is not an object" (line 983). I get the permission denied error when I close the date picker as well. These are all run-time errors.

Again, the odd thing is that this does not happen when I view the pages from the internal network (i.e. the network the web server is on), viewing the pages locally.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Mike
View profile  Send private message
srinivas

Posted: 11/14/2004, 5:34 PM

What is the error, if any, you see in the web server logs? My guess is that the folder you have for DatePicker is either missing or do not have permissions in the server. Locally it might work - since you have the folders on your personal machine.

-Srinivas
infandous

Posted: 11/15/2004, 5:38 AM

Well, I'm starting to think that it may have something to do with my companys set up (network, firewall, etc.). I discovered that everything works fine when I am at home using my Adelphia cable internet connection. My company uses Novell for its network. Could that have anything to do with it? That is two seperate internet connections where it works fine. There does not appear to be any error in the web server logs.
srinivas

Posted: 11/15/2004, 9:37 AM

Possible. Or it may be something to do with popup-blocker. Remember, Date Pickers come up as popups.

-Srinivas
infandous

Posted: 11/15/2004, 9:51 AM

True, I hadn't thought of that. I will talk to our IS department and have people check it from other internet connections to see if it really is just on our network. Both the web pages I am using the date pickers on are for people in my company to use, so I will have to resolve it one way or another. I'll post back if I find out anything new. Thanks for the help.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login