CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

webapp hangs during login phase

Print topic Send  topic

alexioc

Posted: 10/24/2004, 2:30 PM

Hi all,
I'm trying to debug a hanging problem raised by a web application that my company developed using Codecharge Studio.

The application has an usual architecture: it gets some data from an Oracle 9i db and show them in a few jsp pages.

The problem is present during the login phase: I put username and password in the right fields and then click the login button; usually the login is almost istantaneous, but sometimes it hangs and avoid me to go to the next page.

The same web app is installed in a staging server and here I have not reproduced the same error yet (I've tried with no result...); en fact the problem is only presents in the production environment (that is identical for hw and sw to the stage one but for the presence of 2 host in the front-end).

All the log files existing (both from Tomcat than from Codecharge) are configured to shows all debug infos, and they doesn't report any errors.
The memory footprint of Tomcat is below the upper limit of 1GB the I've configured. (the total amount of physical memory is 4GB) During the login the cpu is totally unloaded.

The operating system is RedHat AS and the kernel can manage since 14000 threads (I've monitored also this param).
Restarting tomcat solve the issue and in two situations the problem disappeared magically:

1- the first time when I restarted a Jboss running in the same box
2- the second during my "log scouting" on the box the webapps started working fine without any action (I was only reading sys info in /proc
directory)

As said before in the production environment are presents two Linux box in the front end and the web app presents the same problem on both servers.

Can someone suggest me where to look in order to pickpoint the problem?

TIA
Alexio
View profile  Send private message
mrachow

Posted: 10/31/2004, 12:00 PM

A wild guess only.

Do you have specified type 'absolute path' for your login page?

Regards,
Michael
mrachow

Posted: 11/11/2004, 5:27 AM

Ok,
I ran into the same situation just now.

I have two database servers with nearly the same databases on them.

"Of course" I had chosen the one that wasn't up.

I noticed that while trying the run time server for design modus too. In that moment Studio came up with error "Can not connect". By that I noticed my mistake.

Hope this helps someone else.

Reagrds,
Michael

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login