CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Perl

Odd behavior with using include pages

Print topic Send  topic

timhobbs

Posted: 11/12/2004, 12:21 PM

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and if so, if they found a fix. I've noticed that when generating pages with CCS so that they are includable, that the associated events file and contained functions are not executing everytime. Here's a brief run down. I have a page that will pull a list of records from a database (that should be a given ;) ) and a before_show_row event. The before_show_row event will truncate a specified cells contents if it's greater than a certain length. The initial load will work just fine and do what is expected. Now I have a list box at the top of the page which will allow the user to specify the number of records to display. If I change the records per page to say "25" and hit submit, the correct number of records is displayed, but the contents of the cell are not truncated (which leads me to believe that the before_show_row event is not getting executed). Then if I just reload the page (not changing any of the parameters), the contents will be truncated and 25 records will be displayed. Any thoughts or ideas?
View profile  Send private message
timhobbs

Posted: 11/12/2004, 12:22 PM

Oh and I should say, that if I run the page as a stand alone page, i.e. it is not includable, the system works just fine.
lurch99

Posted: 11/16/2004, 9:54 PM

Tim,

If your include page has any external content (graphics or code) you will need to adjust the relative paths in the include file. Just because the include file opens on its own does not mean it will work on the pages that use the includes.

You ought to start by adding a "." to your path and go from there.

Lurch

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login