CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

Dynamic Calendar Creation

Print topic Send  topic

dataobjx

Posted: 11/20/2004, 4:49 PM

Issue #4 of CCS Developer Magazine (available late November) will be an important one for anyone wanting to incorporate a dynamic calendar withing their application.

Those using PHP for their development environment can view the PHP calendar by Edwin Brown at http://www.mambobrown.com

Mr. Brown has produced a brilliant article demonstrating an easy method you can use to get your calendar up and running in no time.

Those using ASP for their development environment can view the ASP calendar by DataObjx at http://www.dataobjx.net/dynamiccalendar

The ASP Dynamic Calendar utilzes an easy to use VB Class making it easy to use, easy to add additional features .

Both calendars are easy to implement into your CCS projects.

If you're project requires a Dynamic Calendar - you won't want to miss issue #4 (coming soon).
Damian Hupfeld
Posted: 11/25/2004, 7:53 PM

Hi Guys,

Ive looked but havent been able to find the article on how to build this calendar - anyone know what Im missing?

Damian Hupfeld
http://www.nexthost.com.au/services.php
dataobjx

Posted: 11/25/2004, 8:04 PM

Issue #4 - (due for release in a few days) will contain the articles and source code, etc on this and more...
wayner

Posted: 03/31/2005, 7:51 AM

Dataobjx,

I was sucessfully implementing your Dynamic Calendar example into my applications and they intially worked.
Over the weekend all of the examples stopped working and the middle 2 lines of code return blank information and the 3rd was suspect:

Code Examples:

dteToday = FormatDateTime(Now(), vbShortDate)
dteStart = FormatDateTime(Month(MyCalendar.GetDate()) & "/01/" & Year(MyCalendar.GetDate()), vbShortDate)
dteEnd = Month(MyCalendar.GetDate()) & "/" & MyCalendar.LastDayInMonth() & "/" & Year(MyCalendar.GetDate())
dtePreviousMonthEnd = FormatDateTime(MyCalendar.DateLastDayPreviousMonth, vbShortDate)

Debug Results:

Now(): 3/31/2005
dteStart:
dteEnd:
dtePreviousMonthEnd: 12/30/1899

Do you have any idea of what might cause this problem?

Thanks,
Wayner

3. You can have it accurate.
Pick 2 out of the 3!
View profile  Send private message
dataobjx

Posted: 04/05/2005, 8:00 AM

You need to add the following line right after the last Dim ... statement in the calendar class function GetDate()

If Len(mdDate) = 0 Then mdDate = FormatDateTime(Now(), vbShortDate)

In MS Access and SQL Server if you get a 1899 date you can be pretty sure that the value passed is NULL....

If we check the length of mdDate we see that it's null - thus you need to provide todays date.
troy
Posted: 06/12/2005, 11:48 PM

hi there..
using CSS,PHP,MYSQL

i have put this calendar into my clients site and it works very well, I got it from the CCS Developer Magazine i brought..

But I have one small problem,
In summary:
I have many users using the calenderand when you view the maincalendar page I only want the user to view there info.
everything esle works great, regarding adding date types and descriptions , but when i view the main page it shows everyones date types.
I am trying to use the UserID in the query, the line is:

$db->query("SELECT * FROM calendar WHERE YEAR(cal_date)=".$year." and MONTH(cal_date)=".$month_num." and DAYOFMONTH(cal_date)=".$day." and users_id=UserID");

but i get a error saying:

Warning: odbc_exec(): SQL error: [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.15-max-debug]Unknown column 'UserID' in 'where clause', SQL state 42S21 in SQLExecDirect in c:\easyphp1-71\www\mpio\db_odbc.php on line 86
Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM calendar WHERE YEAR(cal_date)=2005 and MONTH(cal_date)=6 and DAYOFMONTH(cal_date)=1 and users_id=UserID
ODBC Error: 1 (General Error (The ODBC interface cannot return detailed error messages).)
Session halted.

I was wonder if someone could help me..
I use users_id=UserID I use this throught the site and it works great but not on this page, I no it must be something to do with this query..

thank you...

mrachow

Posted: 06/13/2005, 12:13 AM

Try ...
users_id=".CCGetUserID());

troy
Posted: 06/13/2005, 12:59 AM

hi mrachow

Thank you very very much,,, it works perfect....

cherrs Troy

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login