CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Enable custom code generation

Print topic Send  topic

Daniel B. Hall
Posted: 11/22/2004, 12:31 PM

Make the generation architecture more open. In other words, provide tools to give developers the ability to add there own custom generated code snippets upon generation. These code snippets would be auto generated along with CCS code. This would allow developers to start incorporating some of their in house code standards with CCS code standards.

peterr

Posted: 11/22/2004, 2:25 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, though this looks similar to Actions. Are you familiar with those?
View profile  Send private message
Daniel B. Hall
Posted: 11/22/2004, 11:34 PM

Yes I am Peter. What I had in mind was having the ability to have custom code added to the CCS template itself. This in turn would allow me to have my own VB.NET or C# Code Behind code generated along with CCS's native code. In a nutshell, you are exposing your code generation templates.

Thanks,
Dan
Fausto astudillo
Posted: 12/14/2004, 7:18 AM

Another thing:

. The ability to define a dynamic Database Conection parameters or a Custom Conection function, so we can change the DB on the fly.
Sohodojo Jim
Posted: 12/15/2004, 9:09 AM

I am very new to CCS, but enjoying it and quickly learning where it might and might not fit into my portfolio of work/project requirements.

If I understand Daniel correctly, as he expresses what I believe I too want, is that it would be GREAT to have an SDK for user/developers to "roll our own" builders and install them on that large Builders panel that is begging for more high-level "chunk generators."

For example, I build on-line conference registration systems on contract for a friend's company. There are some peculiar/particular ways that the table-based line items are encoded for server-side processing to display inventory/availability of tutorials and workshops. It would be SUPER FANTASTIC if I could spec a Builder that would give me the flexibilty to parameterize these tables and generate them as easily as other CCS components.

I believe such a Builder/Component SDK would crank up the utility of CCS to such an extent that it would put it it nearly every contract programmer's toolbox.

If I am still too new to CCS and there is some functionality along these lines, please point me to it. Regardless, I am very impressed with CCS so far and enjoying the freedom/efficiency of the short "idea to functional code" that it provides.

--Sohodojo Jim--
Sohodojo Jim
Posted: 01/06/2005, 9:55 AM

Quote Sohodojo Jim:
I am very new to CCS, ...

I believe such a Builder/Component SDK would crank up the utility of CCS to such an extent that it would put it it nearly every contract programmer's toolbox.

Ha! Me thinks Yes folks are too modest... Upon purchasing a perpetual license and logging into the Customer area, I was very pleased to see a link to the draft documentation of the Developer SDK!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. I believe if this info was included in the public web site (or if it is, I couldn't find it) it would generate even more interest and appreciation for CodeCharge Studio.

--Sohodojo Jim--

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login