CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> General/Other

prepurchase questions

Print topic Send  topic

llucypb

Posted: 11/27/2004, 12:06 PM

Hi,

I have the following questions which have yet to be answered by yesssoftware. I have a remotely hosted site, hosted by globat.com . My current site is empty. I want to populate a mysql database. I will be using php, and Frontpage 2003 (unless someone knows of a better one??).

I am setting up a section of my site for commerce. I am running on a Windows 2000 Professional pc.

Can I edit my current site easily and safely using Codecharge Studio? Can I safely and easily change the arrangegment of the user page graphics (buttons, scrolling arrows, etc.)? Is there an easy way to possibly use Crystal Reports 8 with Codecharge for reports?

Thanks.

Lucy

View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 11/27/2004, 3:10 PM

Hello,

Quote :
I have the following questions which have yet to be answered by yesssoftware.
I'll notify our sales department to check if they received an inquiry from you.

Though personally unfortunately I didn't fully understand all your questions. You wrote that your "current site is empty" and then "can I edit my current site easily". Thus my answer would be that you cannot edit an empty site, but you can create a new Website and upload it to your Web server.
You wrote "I want to populate a mysql database", however you didn't describe how. Via a Web application, or manually, or via desktop program? Or do you mean create a database structure?
And regarding "Can I safely and easily change the arrangegment of the user page graphics (buttons, scrolling arrows, etc.)?". You can do this within CodeCharge Studio, or use any other Web editor (FrontPage, Dreamweaver, etc.). However, there are certain restrictions that you can learn only during the course of using CodeCharge Studio.
Regarding "Is there an easy way to possibly use Crystal Reports 8 with Codecharge for reports? " - I haven't done this, however I believe that you can simply direct users from a CodeCharge Studio page to Crystal Reports page.
I also recommend downloading the free evaluation version of CodeCharge Studio.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login