CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> General/Other

Oracle - Developing an Application

Print topic Send  topic

affriedl

Posted: 12/06/2004, 7:35 AM

I downloaded the last version of CodeCharge ( because I personally own it and know a little about using it ) to try to demonstrate its features to the company where I am consulting at the moment. I feel CCS could aide them in converting their many console applications to the web (in Java and JSP).

They use Oracle 8. I am having the following problems.

1) New Page Wizard - Step 2
a) available fields does not populate
b) primary key does not populate

as you can see, this makes the app unusable.

Two questions,
1) is there a work around?
2) Does CCS handle this better?
3) Is it fairly easy to implement your own Security Model in CCS, in CC it is painful.

Thanks.
View profile  Send private message
affriedl

Posted: 12/06/2004, 7:39 AM

I thought I shoould offer a clarification right away... The problems I am having is strictly in the final download of CodeCharge (not studio)... But as YS only seels CCS these days, I'm curtios as to how well CCS can emit code intended for embedding in other pages, and wether or not it does a good job with Oracle.

Thanks.
peterr

Posted: 12/06/2004, 10:42 AM

I'm not sure where you downloaded CodeCharge since YesSoftware no longer offers it.
The issue you described is a well-known problem with some non-original versions of CodeCharge distributed by others.
You may want to contact YesSoftware support to obtain the correct URL, or to investigate technical problems. When submitting a support request please also specify where you obtained CodeCharge.
affriedl

Posted: 12/06/2004, 12:30 PM

Downloaded:
Followed one of the links I found on this forum. I had an older copy which I purchased and downloaded direct. I downloaded the new copy 2.0.7 I think - works fine on my development system at the home office.

Missing Table Names Tables names will not show up in the drop downs unless you hit refresh first.

Missing DB Columns: This problem seems to be specific to the Oracle instance where I was trying to demonstrate your application. Downloaded copy was not registered ( was using the trial version ), but can't any type of page to work. (Yes, I tried hitting refresh)

I'm on-site as a consultant where I can see they need something like CCS to aide in the Rapid Development of Reporting apps on the web. I'd pitch this to them if I could get it running. They only have 3 or 4 developers though... maybe too small a company to ping the radar.?
affriedl

Posted: 12/22/2004, 7:22 AM

Quote peterr:
I'm not sure where you downloaded CodeCharge since YesSoftware no longer offers it.
The issue you described is a well-known problem with some non-original versions of CodeCharge distributed by others.

So, what exactly is a Non-Original Version and who is distributing it? Are you saying that the link I followed (appearing to be from Yes) is from somewhere else, perhaps illegal?
Steven

Posted: 12/23/2004, 2:42 AM

Peterr

I think your quick to push the problem being a "non-original" or pirated version problem (my words not yours)

This is a problem which has been well known about, to 'Registered' users and happened to many people after a particular Microsoft Update

leaving lots of us, me included with empty screens and totally non working 'Owned' version of Codecharge

Steven

affriedl

Posted: 12/23/2004, 8:47 PM

I agree completely. The CC update software generally works at the home office where i really care the most... but I tried installing it in demo mode at a client site where it failed to work in any capacity... So here I am telling my client "Here is an excellent product we can use", and then I'm left standing there looking like an idiot.

Ok, why didnt I download and install the latest CCS? Well, because I don't know how to use it.

Final result, we just finished coding the client side of a large J2EE project by hand.:(

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login