CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> Programming

Obtaining Data From Multiple Tables in Search Results

Print topic Send  topic

jim7567g

Posted: 12/12/2004, 4:53 PM

Hello, I am currently trying out CodeCharge Studio on the trial period. I am not fluent in MySQL or PHP and was hoping that someone on the board may have an answer to my delema.

I am fooling around with the book store demo application that comes with the software. The Products.php page allows a user to select two criteria to search by and then displays the results in a grid on the same page. I have changed the two search criteria to obtain values from two other tables which results in records being displayed from a third table.

I have the search feature working correctly.

The search results are pulling the correct records from the third table but I also want the results grid to display data from the two tables that I used for the search criteria.

I am trying to use the Data Source field in the page properties window to accomplish this. CodeCharge help files say to use the Query Builder when more than one table is needed to obtain data. When I try to do this the Query Builder is only offering 2 out of the 29 tables to choose from.

If anyone is interested in giving a newbie a hand it would surely be appreciated.

Thank you,

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login