CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

Connection pooling in CCS PE Edition vs. CCS ?

Print topic Send  topic

dm_newuser
Posted: 01/07/2005, 10:14 PM

I am running the CCS PERSONAL EDITION and I get the errors noted in the log below. Does anyone know if these errors (which occur when the system is heavily loaded) are due to the fact that the PERSONAL EDITION version limits the Number Of Connections to 1.

If so, can I expect this will not occur with the Code Charge Studio (regular edition) ?

[Btw, this seems like the exact same error as the person who submitted the entry entitled 'connection pooling' in the Java forum on 10/14/2004]

Thanks in advance

My log notes the following error -

2005-01-08 00:58:48 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create connection 'internet' to the database.
at com.codecharge.db.PoolJDBCConnection.getConnection(PoolJDBCConnection.java:19)
at com.codecharge.db.JDBCConnection.<init>(JDBCConnection.java:80)
at com.codecharge.db.PoolJDBCConnection.<init>(PoolJDBCConnection.java:11)
at com.codecharge.db.JDBCConnectionFactory.getJDBCConnection(JDBCConnectionFactory.java:36)
at com.codecharge.db.JDBCConnectionFactory.getJDBCConnection(JDBCConnectionFactory.java:27)
miko

Posted: 01/10/2005, 1:10 AM

Hi!

I see two possible reasons for it:
1. Some of your specified values for connection is invalid. Please try to create very simple page with only one simple grid. If grid will work connection values are correct.
2. You limited number of connection to 1 but try to get second connection while the first connection is not released yet. It can happen if you get a new connection in BeforeBuild..., BeforeExecute..., AfterExecute.. events.
In this case you can try to increase number of connection to 2.
dm_newuser
Posted: 01/11/2005, 4:12 PM

Thanks for the response Miko.

For item 1, it turns out it works fine most of the time - meaning the connection values are correct. It fails when the system is heavily loaded only (i.e., lots of concurrent http requests).

Wrt item 2, I set the number of connections to 5 to a single database, but I think the Personal Edition limits that number to 1 in their actual interface to the database. The Property GUI accepts 5 as an input, so it is not visible to me how many concurrent connections actually occur or are allowed.

[Btw - I have referred this to support also as I am not a database expert (and therefore don't know how to instrument how many concurrent db connections occur) and need to know if this is an intended product feature limitation of the Personal Edition or a bug]

Any additional input would be appreciated.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login