CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

CSS and Theming is Poorly Designed

Print topic Send  topic

Todd Osborne
Posted: 01/12/2005, 10:34 AM

I am evaluating CCS now and have found several problems/bugs that are a pain to deal with, but workable. What I really don't like is the way themes/css works. Why is the them name included with most CSS classes? In my opinion, using the same class name throughout the application would allow different themes to be applied by just swapping out the CSS file. Rather than all the editing/renaming/etc. that CodeCharge has to do, not to mention "republishing" themes, wouldn't it be much simpler to use the same class name and swap themes just by changing the CSS file? I sure think so.

And while at it, why not create CSS styles for things like a checkbox within a table? Too many things are called "input" types and does not allow enough flexibility.

All in all a great product, just some annoying things that really get me. And yes, I agree with some other postings, the editing of CSS built into CCS is rather annoying and cumbersome, plus the output could be much improved, reduced font lines, excessive border-xxx commands, etc.

Todd
peterr

Posted: 01/12/2005, 12:55 PM

Todd,

This is done so that multiple Themes can be used on one page (for different forms).
However, the use of Themes is optional and instead you can use own style (CSS) file that defines the look of your Web pages exactly as you want. Simply add a link to your own .css file within the HTML and do not use Themes.
In the future there will be an additional type of Themes in CCS which will be based on "pure" CSS and work as you described - assuming that no more than one Theme can be used on a page.
View profile  Send private message
Todd Osborne
Posted: 01/12/2005, 2:07 PM

Cool, I didn't realize this was an option. I looked inside the CCS page files and saw the XML that referenced wizard themes. I guess I should change the theme to none, and then use my own CSS styles? I will give that a shot tonight. Thanks,

Todd

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login