CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

saving utf-8 encoded html file trashes last utf-character.

Print topic Send  topic

ryuuguu

Posted: 01/15/2005, 3:27 AM

I built my site in CCS and then had the html pages translated to japaese utf-8. my file encoding and defualt encoding are utf-8 in CCS. After translation everything works fine .

I put the translated html files back in CCS. When I save the files (after adding a space as the last character of the file) Many of the UTF-8 character are changed to garbage. I can edit the files in notepad with out hurting the UTF-8. I am using windows 2k.

Is there any way to safely save utf-8 files with CCS?

Cheers,
Grant
View profile  Send private message
Nicole

Posted: 01/19/2005, 5:15 AM

Hello,
Please try the following approach to work with national data.
If you’re working with ASP select the charset you need under site properties. To access them select the project name node in Project Explorer window and switch to Properties->Format window. Select/type charset you want to use into Charset property. Select Code Page and Locale Identifier typical for you.
You’ll find national Character set and corresponding CodePage value from MSDN at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/work...nce/charset.asp

In addition to it select/create Site Translation. Open Project Settings->general tab and select your Site Language.
Do not forget about encoding META tag you selected for <BODY> (to apply it locate a cursor on page’s body in Design mode, right click and select 'Page properties' menu. In opened dialog select encoding.).
Please note that translation and encoding will be applied to new added pages of the site. Please create new test page and let us know how it works for you.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login