CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

CCS does not parse file with UTF-8 characters correctly

Print topic Send  topic

ryuuguu

Posted: 01/15/2005, 10:46 AM

I had my html files translated to Japanese utf-8 encoding and now I keep getting messages from CCS that elements have been removed do I want to delete them. I look and the {element name} and the <!--- section name ---> are intact. the final code(PHP) still runs but I can't modify it with CCS anymore. My project settings are utf-8 for file encoding and defualt html encoding.

Cheer,
Grant
View profile  Send private message
Nicole

Posted: 01/19/2005, 5:22 AM

Hello,
It looks like you have corrupted CCS controls somehow. Sometimes it is possible to recover them. E.g. if you modified href attribute of a Link control you can recover it

<a href="{LinkName_Src}">{LinkName}</a>  
But such issues depends on case and I’m not sure that it is possible to recover all controls in your case.
Most probably you need to remove and re-create them if you want to get fully functional CCS page

ryuuguu

Posted: 01/19/2005, 5:49 AM

My pages run fine. I using PHP and php has no problem parseing my .html files with UTF-8 encoding in them. It parses them finds the controls no problem. I have looked at the html files and can see all the controls there with correct names. But if the controls only appear late in the page after the UTF-8 characters then CSS IDE can not find them.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login