CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'

Print topic Send  topic

twalter

Posted: 01/18/2005, 11:42 AM

The exactly error reads:

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'Header_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

Source Error:
in line 22

Line 20: <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" link="#000000" vlink="#000000" alink="#000000" class="BlueNotePageBODY">
Line 21: <form runat="server">
Line 22: <Projects:Header id="Header" runat="server"/>
Line 23:
Line 24: <span id="LoginHolder" runat="server">

Posted: 01/19/2005, 2:48 PM

this happened with me when I installed framework 2.0 as trial and compiled with codecharge set for framework 1.1
View profile  Send private message
Tom
Posted: 01/19/2005, 3:04 PM

I got it to work by changing the code from

<Proejcts:Header id="Header" runat="server" />

to

<Proejcts:Header id="header" runat="server" />

H = h

Also for Footer

<Proejcts:Header id="Footer" runat="server" />

to

<Proejcts:Header id="footer" runat="server" />

F = f

and it was working

Thanks

dik mus
Posted: 01/31/2005, 7:59 AM

I had the same problem, it was caused by the existence of both a .ascx and a .aspx file with the same name in the same program. If you change a page from a page to a includable page, ccs does not remove the created page by itself. You have to look in your filesystem and delete the old files yourself.

hope this helps, dik
peterr

Posted: 02/02/2005, 3:37 PM

CCS may not work with .NET Framework 2.0 (until 2.0 itself is completed and released). The above problem is one of the 2.0 framework issues, as this early version doesn't precompile all ascx and aspx files present in the Web folder, only individual files selected to be compiled. This problem should not exist in the currently released .NET framework 1.1.
View profile  Send private message
trut
Posted: 04/05/2005, 9:10 AM

Here's my observations:

I just recently had a somewhat similar situation in Framework 2.0:

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'LeftModuleFooter_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

What's funny is that the code was working and compiling fine. I then made some small unrelated code change and then this compiler error started happening. Once I got the error, putting the code back to its orginal state didn't help. I couldn't find the existence of both an .aspx and .ascx file, so that wasn't my problem.

Changing the tagprefix and tagname in the "@ Register" directive didn't fix the problem.

By renaming the file that contained the control and changing the src element in the "@Register" directive in the module that was using the control, the problem went away. With the new filename in place I thought I would see if I could go back to my orginal filename. And the result was no!

I wasn't happy with that. I found an article at: http://www.pardesiservices.com/softomatix/UserControls2.asp
It mentioned that the class name got appended with the suffix "_ascx" if you didn't specify the classname in the "@ Register" directive. My orginally "@ Register" didn't have the "classname" element in it. So I added a classname element to it. The control under its orginal filename would now compile without the error.

------------------------------------------

In response to CSS in Framework 2.0. My code uses css and I haven't exerience any problems using it. I've been using VWD Express as my development platfrom.

trut
Posted: 04/05/2005, 9:49 AM

Correction:

The classname element was added to the @ Control directive for the control having the the ambiguous namespace problem and not the @ Register directive of the module using the control.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login