CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Basic Inventory control

Print topic Send  topic

Sean
Posted: 01/03/2002, 2:27 PM

Hi All! Just a quicky...(i hope)!
I have a basic product table:
ID, Product, Description and Quantity.
I need to be able to Add and Subtract from the Quantity field. For example
just for testing, I've been trying to figure out how to make a field called
'Add 1' and when I click that, to have it add 1 to the Quantity field which
for testing is set to 5. So when I click 'Add 1', Quantity now is 6. Any
ideas? Thanks!
Nicole
Posted: 01/04/2002, 2:12 AM

Sean,
the solution require some manual coding.
1. You should add button next to each field in grid form you want to increase. To do it add Label type field to the form and select 'HTML' checbox in its properties. Then add the code like below to BeforeShow event:
ASP
fldfield1 = "<form name = 'add1' method = POST action = 'AnyPage.asp'><input type = 'hidden' value='"&fldID&"' name='toadd_id'><input type=""submit"" value=""+1""></form>"

Now you have button next to each record.

2. to increase field value create and execute sql query in Open event of the same form:
ASP
if GetParam("toadd_id") <> "" then
sSQLu = "update table_name set quantity = quantity+1 where ID=" & GetParam("toadd_id")
cn.execute sSQLu
end if

Just in case PHP code:
$fldfield1 = "<form name = 'add1' method = POST action = 'AnyPage.php'><input type = 'hidden' value='".$fldID."' name='toadd_id'><input type='submit' value='+1'></form>";

if get_param("toadd_id") != ""
{
$sSQLu = "update table_name set quantity = quantity+1 where ID=" . get_param("toadd_id");
$db->query($sSQLu);
}
Alex Alexapolsky
Posted: 01/04/2002, 2:33 AM

your button or link with Add 1 should point to a script or dummy CC page with
this code in Page/Open event :

cn.execute ("update mytable set field= myfield + 1 where id = " & GetParam("id"))
response.redirect "http://test.com/test.asp"

or

$db->query ("update mytable set field= myfield + 1 where id = " . get_param("id"));
header("Location: http://test.com/test.asp";);
Sean
Posted: 01/04/2002, 11:07 AM

I followed your example, however, when I hit the +1 button I receive this error:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'ID =' in the dummy page which has nothing except the Open event of:
cn.execute ("update Product set Quantity= Quantity + 1 where ID = " & GetParam("ID"))
response.redirect "Process.asp"
Sean
Posted: 01/04/2002, 11:13 AM

Nevermind, I got it! Thanks so much guys!
Sean
Posted: 01/04/2002, 11:22 AM

The adding of 1 works great, but I need to ultimitely need to have more buttons like +5,+10, -1,-5,-10 .... I can set the buttons up on the grid form, but am confused as far as the coding end..
Sean
Posted: 01/10/2002, 11:14 AM

Everything is working great using all the above methods. Once I've updated the Quantity with the dummy page, it's returning the ProductGrid showing all table records...is there a way to have it just show the updated record instead of all of them? The working site is at http://12.224.4.170/inventory/ProductGrid.asp The search is searching ProductID which is just the product# in the table, the actual primary key is ID. And the dummy page that is doing the math has

cn.execute ("update Product set Quantity= Quantity+1 where ID = " & GetParam("toadd_id"))
response.redirect "ProductGrid.asp"

in the page/open event. Thanks!
Nicole
Posted: 01/11/2002, 1:44 AM

Sean,
you should pass "ID" value to ProductGrid page. Add it as Input parameter for the Grid form. And modify the redirection code to get:
response.redirect "ProductGrid.asp?id=" & GetParam("toadd_id")
Sean
Posted: 01/11/2002, 3:05 PM

Thanks Nicole, works like a charm!
Cc
Posted: 01/11/2003, 7:32 AM

Try this.. Request.QueryString("T_Subtotal")

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login