CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> Programming

Navigation always goes back to page 1

Print topic Send  topic

brandx

Posted: 03/03/2005, 5:09 AM

Hello all

Codecharge 2.0.7
ASP without tempates

When you click on a category, questions are shown to the right... and the page navigation is displayed if it is required. Then as an example, if you go to page 2 then click on a question... the question and answer are displayed below.. but the list of questions always jumps back to page one. The reason this is happening is the navigation information that is in the address bar disappears.. anyone know how i can keep the page number variable in the address bar when different questions are clicked on?

Go here to see what i mean. http://acmeit1.hopto.org/support/kb/index.asp?kbcat=1&

then click on page 2 in the page navigation.. then click on a question.. you'll see that you are taken back to the first page.

TIA,
Geary
View profile  Send private message
Nicole

Posted: 03/03/2005, 5:21 AM

Hello,
In order to preserve a navigation page number (as well as sort order) parameters Form<form_name>_Page and Form<form_name>_Sorting should be passed to a page with record form and then back to page with grid. To save these values create open event on Grid form where save the values into session variables:

Session("Form<form_name>_Sorting") = GetParam("Form<form_name>_Sorting")  
Session("Form<form_name>_Page") = GetParam("Form<form_name>_Page")  

On a Record form create Before Insert, Update, Delete and Cancel events with the same code that adds stored values to parameters string that is passed back to a page with grid:

sParams = sParams  & "&Form<form_name>_Sorting=" & Session("Form<form_name>_Sorting")&"&Form<form_name>_Page="& Session("Form<form_name>_Page")  
Of course use real grid form name instead of "<form_name>".

brandx

Posted: 03/03/2005, 5:48 AM

I only entered the "grid" code above, because there is no record form. Now how do i actually get the page values in the the URL field.. so when they click on a question their page isn't lost? .. i tried some silly like <%=transit_Session%> .. that didn't work..
brandx

Posted: 03/03/2005, 5:53 AM

i seem to have got it... i grabbed the following code from the page navigation section and inserted it into the URL parameters

Formarticle_list_Page=<%=iPage%>

Gives me the current page on all the question links and isn't bumping me back to page 1
Nicole

Posted: 03/04/2005, 12:43 AM

You can also open Link’s properties and enable Add Transit Params flag, it should have the same effect.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login