CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

More intelligent security group displays.

Print topic Send  topic

SteveG

Posted: 03/13/2005, 8:51 AM

I just learnt the hard way how not to fiddle with the security groups. First of all, it would be nice if the list showed up sorted on the id values, otherwise instead of inserting rows into the list, I end up with the different levels scattered.

So, in order to keep things looking intelligible, I went and removed all the groups, and then entered them numerically so that they do now show up in the right order when I set my pages security. Only now, it looks like CCS doesn't recognize the groups by the ID number, but by its own ID value, so now I have to go through my whole project and reset all the security group levels.

It would be nice if CCS just looked up values by the ID field, and sorted it's rows by this ID value when it displays lists of security levels.
View profile  Send private message
SteveG

Posted: 03/13/2005, 8:54 AM

Hmm, maybe I spoke too soon about the way CCS looks up security groups. Some of my pages are, in fact, looking up security group restrictions by the ID number, not some hidden ID value. So strike that wish from my post. Still, it would be nice if the lists (both in the project settings -> security groups & the restricted checkbox list) were sorted not by the order in which they were entered, but by group number.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login