CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

C# template problems

Print topic Send  topic

Andrew B
Posted: 01/09/2002, 2:22 AM

I am having C# template problems. First off, it won't let me access any named elements (like '<table id=Form_holder') in the C# code that are note declared in the page class. This prevents me from showing/hiding the forms when I need to. When i open it with vs.net and simply save it, it's fine, but other things break (like CheckSecurity()). Something it is creating is not quite right. Also, code in the Open event of a form is inserted into the code twice, once near the start but *inside* the 'if (p_Form_ID)' section, and once right before the events fire. The first case makes me wonder if this code that should be global will always fire. This might be an error in the templates as well, not sure tho.

I will be sumitting these problems at work tomorrow (where I use it), but thought I see if anyone else has run into similar issues.
Saurabh
Posted: 01/09/2002, 5:57 AM

1) You could you the FindControl method to search for server-side elements on the ASPX page and then perform the necessary operations,
eg.
this.FindControl("Form_holder").Visible = false;

2) I have seen problems in VS.NET, but its not due to Code Charge, its just that VS.NET has bugs to sometimes auto-delete some function calls ...I think the final version of VS.NET should fix this !

Hope this helps ..
Andrew B
Posted: 01/09/2002, 7:37 PM

I haven't tried that, but It looks like it would work. Working on a different site right now, so I'll try later.

As for .Net errors, for sure! Despite this, for some reason in pages that I modify in Visual Studio .Net, I am able to access all page elemnts with out Find... but in the CC generated ones I am not (i just modify them with notepad.)

Also, try putting some code in the Open event of a *form* using the ASP.NET C# template, and see if the code appears in two places. they should be fairly close to each other.

I am using CC 2.01 and .NET B2.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login