CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

How secure is an html HTTPS post with SSL?

Print topic Send  topic

Jeremy
Posted: 01/09/2002, 8:36 PM

Hello all. I am trying to setup an https post on an html form and was wondering how secure it is if I have SSL running on the web page that I take in the credit card, then just post it to the authorizenet server and get a response back? The main difference here between mine and a lot of others is that they link to a web payment form on authorize.net site. I don't want to link, I just want to post...wait a few seconds...and get a response and read it. Is this in some way unsecure? Thanks.
Jeremy
Andrew B
Posted: 01/09/2002, 9:21 PM

Since your users connect to you through SSL it is fine.

The only real way to do this is to use a custom COM or other type object to do the transaction. Otherwise there is not really a way to get a response back from authoriz that you can relate to the user who placed it. The way verisign works in this regard is that they post back to a specified page the transaction details, which you can then relate to a specific transaction.

Did authorize.net supply you with a custom object that you can use (or a web service)?
Jeremy
Posted: 01/10/2002, 9:44 AM

Authorizenet supplies a few java/asp examples of the object script code and the form. I really don't want to do this because I don't have control of the server and don't know if the correct software is installed by the people that are running my hosting. I would rather just use SSL and do a post and get a reply...but that's just me. I figured since people were using this object method, the post method was unsecure in someway. Thanks for the help. Jeremy

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login