CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Display Record in new window

Print topic Send  topic

beer-monkey.com
Posted: 01/10/2002, 1:04 AM

I would like to have a record displayed in a new window instead of the same window. How do i get my form so that if the URL link for a record is clicked that it takes the correct output and runs the appropriate ASP.

I tried:

fldjob_title = "<a href = ""VacancyView.asp"" target = 'blank'>" & fldjob_title & "</a>"

Which for obvious reasons doesn't work correctly, but i can't see how to ammend this in CC? Any ideas? Job_Title is the field i use to link the GRid and the Record!
Malik
Posted: 01/10/2002, 1:24 AM

Try this;

fldjob_title = "<a href = ""VacancyView.asp"" target = ""blank"">" & fldjob_title & "</a>"
beer-monkey.com
Posted: 01/10/2002, 1:47 AM

This code does open the page "VacancyView.asp" in a new window BUT it doesn't take the record with it, it just displays a blank page. It grid doesn't appear to OUTPUT the record it just runs a blank .asp

Any ideas?
Nicole
Posted: 01/10/2002, 2:25 AM

Hi,
the provided code just opens the new browser window, it doesn't affect on code from VacancyView.asp file.
Try to run this page, does it show the Grid correct?
beer-monkey.com
Posted: 01/10/2002, 2:52 AM

Thank you for your help so far Malik and Nicole....

I think i might have misled you at the begining. All i require is a .asp Grid containing my vacancies, and then a further .asp Record which displays further details about that vacancy. With a standard codecharge project you select which field you want to use as a URL for bringing up the further details. The user then finds the record they want and then clicks on the URL (e.g. job_title) which outputs a vacancy_id to the VacancyView.asp which displays the Vacancy details in a new page. What i want is for this new page (the vacancy details) to appear in a new window instead of opening in the same window and replacing the Grid.

Hope that makes sense guys :o)
Nicole
Posted: 01/10/2002, 4:44 AM

Your last response throws light on the issue :)
Looks like you should pass primary key value to record form through URL. The code should be:
fldjob_title = "<a href = ""VacancyView.asp?primary_key_name="&fldprimary_key_name&""" target = ""blank"">" & fldjob_title & "</a>"
beer-monkey.com
Posted: 01/10/2002, 5:14 AM

Nicole, thanks again for your help, this did indeed solve the problem and it now works really well. However i'd like to take it a little further and have it open in a specific sized window with now toolbar? Would this be possible? I've stuff like this done using jacascript, could it be implemented into codecharge?

p.s. ur a star

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login