CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

problem in updating the record

Print topic Send  topic

anurag
Posted: 01/10/2002, 6:01 AM

Sir,

I have two problem :

1. I want to insert the date & time when the record is updated by officer
(level- 2) in the database but coud not get success. I have the date_update field in the table of date type. I use the field on the form as Hidden and in Common I write =Date() in the Default value but could not get success.

2. I have another table from which i display a field as a List Box on a form. This table has 5 fields. My requirement is as follows :

When I select an item from this list box, the contents of corresponding second field also be inserted into the Required-table in respected field when I press Submit button on the form.

Please help Me

Thanks in advance.
Nicole
Posted: 01/11/2002, 1:18 AM

Hello,
1. in case you want to insert current date to "date_update" field if it is updated by user that has security level = 2 you should check it in BeforeUpdate event and/or BeforeInsert event and add the current date (of course the page is to be protected by Login/Password in order to be able to check user access level). You haven't provided language you use, so here is ASP sample code:
if Session("UserRights")= 2 then
flddate_update = now
end if

2. the issue isn't clear enough. Could you provide more details? What field from what table exactly do you want to add to "respected field"? And what is it this "respected field"?

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login