CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Minor wish - "List of ..." vs. "... List"

Print topic Send  topic

dhempy

Posted: 04/14/2005, 11:14 AM

Okay...this is a super-picky wishlist item, so don't sweat it.

The default page titles and such for a table are generated as "List of Widgets", where "widgets" is a table name. That works great for table names that are plural.

However, the style guidelines I follow indicate table names that are singular. That is, you would have the "widget" table instead of a table of "widgets". My default titles and such end up being "List of Employee" and such.

Soo....it would be great if there was a project-level setting that controlled the generated titles, prompts, headers, etc. It could either be a checkbox for plural/singular table names, or perhaps more generally, it could be a format string where you could enter something like "List of %s" or "%s List" or "Admire Our Tremendous %s Collection", where %s is replaced with the table name.

I know I'm just being lazy/fussy, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I assure you, I'll stay a faithful customer with or without this feature request.

-dave

800-333-9764
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 04/15/2005, 1:32 AM

Done :-D

Edit the following file: C:\Program Files\CodeChargeStudio\Components\Translations\Site\English.xml

Find the lines that contain GridFormPrefix and GridFormPostfix, then change them as follows:
<Msg name="GridFormPrefix" caption="Grid Form Prefix" value=""/>
<Msg name="GridFormPostfix" caption="Grid Form Postfix" value="List"/>

You can even create several variants of the above to use them in different projects, like English_singular.xml and English_plural.xml
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login