CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Improvements

Print topic Send  topic

anon-cool
Posted: 05/16/2005, 7:41 AM

Testing CCS and im pretty impressed if not a wee bit skeptical

Some frustrations from a newbie:

if I "add code" to my php project then change it to a java project what will happen?

The product would crash when I would build a db connection string. It seemed to put some binary in the "options" parameter.

I think it is good to be able to customize or add code but in a meta-coding way so that pseudo code can then be moved to another language.

Simple control flow pseudo code wizards i.e. ifelse ... source name, source value, operan, function container, add line or and in parentesis - similar to the data control source wizard but for logical control

Currently I would need to write language specific code to do a simple logical if esel control flow can't this be in a control wizard that is language neutral?

The include header templating is cumbersome, how about dreamweaver or .net style "master" pages templating?

adding dynamic default values requires coding in a specific language I should be able to access all controls in a unversial way to add to properties such as Session.UserId

The html WYSIWYG is not great. I cannot drag a table column horizontally.

I felt I had to redo certain things over and over for each project. Like the site properties settings, couldn't it remember what I did last?

to sum up - amazing product, a couple of extra tweaks would be nice

1. better templating .net or dreamweaver "apply template"

2. meta/pseduo coding for "custom or add code" extended functionality (don't remove real code tweaking just add new action option)

3. access dynamic, custom and control values easier throughout a page and properties eg. Session.userId at a listbox's default value

4. redudant settings memory like site properties or db settings

5. add actions for db commands using wizard for insert,update,select,delete - allow me to bind a resultset so I can reuse it for control vlaues throughout my pages

Thanks!

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login