CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Design and generated code don't seem synched anymore

Print topic Send  topic

Tony
Posted: 05/31/2005, 4:42 PM

I started this trouble by adding in a column sorter, and have been fighting it for 2+ hours.

For some reason the code is no longer synchronized with the html. What I mean is that I make changes in the html (just put in bits of text, etc), but it no longer shows up on the web page. At some point all updates from the Design page just don't reflect in the published page.

This is even more insane because if I delete a column in the design page, then I get errors when I try to run the published page, (c# errors) telling me its missing the field. Again, it's like the c# code isn't talking properly to the html/template code because the column I'm deleting isn't truly being removed in the generated code.

Further information. I did a Save As... of the messed up form, then deleted the grid (keeping the search form) inserted a new grid, with a completely different title for the grid.

And after publishing, STILL the old info was there - as if I had never made any changes at all. How is this possible?!! I've exited the browser, purged the cache, resarted CC, all the usual things.

I then started a blank page, and added a new grid and it comes up fine. So somehow it seems as if the linkage between the CC Design window and the actual code that's generated has been broken. Why? How do I fix? How do I make sure it doesn't happen again.
Olegmik
Posted: 08/14/2005, 2:36 AM

Hi, I have the same problem each time I have to modify the aspx file. Since it's done, any changes in html template don't accept by CCS, i.e. aspx file doesn't respond to any changes of html.
Any solution appreciated.
peterr

Posted: 08/15/2005, 12:07 AM

You cannot modify ASPX if you want to continue modifying HTML. Only one of them can be modified since HTML is being converted to ASPX. Once you modify ASPX then CCS doesn't want to overwrite your changes, thus your changes take higher priority.
View profile  Send private message
ChrisS
Posted: 12/15/2005, 5:52 AM

I have the same issue, but I really want to go back to being SYNCHED. I must have changed the ASPX file by accident, so is there any way to have CCS regenerate the ASPX file. I've tried to delete it and have the system regenerate it, but even then it's still not synched. CCS 2.3.2.24

Thanks
LV
Posted: 12/15/2005, 7:02 AM

I have the same problem, being new to CCS V3, I thought you can edit freely, but I was wrong, anyway, I think this is how I fixed my problem. I backed up my current project, I delete any code files, html file, etc and just leave the page ccp, regenerate the codes and my html, aspx works again.

As for deleting control and got error message when you publish your project, Yes support has a fix for it, they sent me the updated component files and it seem to fixed my problem, now I can delete control from my page and not getting the error.

:-)
Guillermo

Posted: 12/20/2005, 9:37 AM

That happened to me once. What I did was the following. Fist, backed up the project, the opened in CCS the pages and deleted all the content of the <page>.aspx. Then I generated all project and the .aspx is recreated with the .html content and is sync again.

dragoon

Posted: 01/09/2006, 5:37 PM

Same problem for mee too; I was just adding some code by hand in HTML view and the result was not I've expected.Indeed deleting the code in <page>.aspx solved my problem too.

So, Peterr this is a bug. It never happend to me before since this is my first project in .NET
peterr

Posted: 01/09/2006, 5:40 PM

OK. Our support is ready and waiting to investigate such issues.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login