CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

how to not require login with shopping cart?? help

Print topic Send  topic

Jeremy
Posted: 01/19/2002, 11:57 PM

Hey all. I have modified the bookstore example and would like to implement something where the user doesn't have to "login" in order to add items to thier shopping cart. Anyone know how to do this easily? So when the user comes to my site they can add items to thier shopping cart and not have to login. Thanks again.
Jeremy
Jeremy
Posted: 01/20/2002, 8:12 PM

Arthur P
Posted: 10/21/2003, 2:22 AM

I Have the same problem too.

right now i used to make a session and editable grid. the items i put first in the session.. but i cant put it back to session if user change his number of items.

please help
thank you
Karen
Posted: 10/21/2003, 8:18 AM

I don't code ASP but here's an idea. Write the items to a temporary table with the session id being the key. When the user is ready to checkout, you copy from the temporary table into the actual orders table.

That's what I've done but perhaps someone else might have a better idea.

Hope that helps.
RonB
Posted: 10/21/2003, 2:05 PM

I do the same but use a timestamp put in session as the identifier. After payment has been confirmed through Paypals IPN system the order is transported to the permanent table. I get the customers info like name, adress etc from paypals IPN so the customer does not have to fill out their personal info twice.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login