CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> General -> Web Design

Is CCS right for me?

Print topic Send  topic

Art
Posted: 07/25/2005, 11:28 AM

I am not a programmer. I do know a little bit of php and MySQL. I know a lot about xhtml and css.

I have a MySQL database with tables necessary to host a photo contest. I need to put together the php scripts to help me build the photo contest site.

Essentially, visitor needs to register to become a user. As part of registration, user must agree to Photo Release by checking a box. User can then upload photo (jpg,gif,png) and answer several questions about the photo. User can upload as many photos as they want.

I would be admin and can control database through Admin control panel. I can promote user to judge. The judge group will have their own control panel where they will see each photo and accompanying answers to questions. The judge then rates the photo using score sheet provided only. Scores are entered online.

The site will display each photo with accompanying information plus related scoresheets from the judges. This can be viewed by everyone only after contest is completed.

Can I do the above using CCS and little or no hand coding?

Thanks, want to know this before I purchase the product.

Art
peterr

Posted: 07/25/2005, 5:41 PM

This can be done with little handcoding, however you may need help from someone more experienced. CCS is best in hands of developers and database designers, or those who already spent some time developing with CCS. In your case it may be best to download the trial version and play with it for couple days to see how it works for you, or be ready to hire someone to help you with a part of this project.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login