CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

Test connection failed because of Provider initialization error

Print topic Send  topic

Rajani

Posted: 08/02/2005, 3:28 PM

Hi,

I am new to codecharge and trying to set up few test pages. First thing i tried is to create a database connection to use in my page and my test connection fails.

I am using Microsoft OLE DB provider for Oracle under the tab Provider and provided the server name, login and password for my db server. My db server is not running on my local machine.

JDBC Driver i am using is oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.

Does anyone come across similar kind of problem? Any pointers to this problem would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rajani.
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 08/02/2005, 6:13 PM

Could you please provide the settings that you entered in to the Connection->Design?
I think that jdbc is not important here because JDBC will be used only later at run-time by the Java programs. CCS itself uses standard ODBC or other non-java drivers.
rpenubothu
Posted: 08/03/2005, 10:58 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Here are the details of my Connection -> Design

Connection Name: Connection1
Database : ANSI SQL-92
Connection String: Provider=MSDAORA.1;User ID=APPDATA;Data Source=DEV06;Persist Security Info=False
Username :appdata
User Password :pswd

Thanks,
Rajani.
peterr

Posted: 08/03/2005, 11:28 AM

I personally don't use Oracle but based on http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=87#OLEDB...leFromMicrosoft I would try:
Provider=msdaora;Data Source=MyOracleDB;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword

I also see that you're missing the password in your connection string. I would also try using username and password either within the connection string, or within connection Username/User Password settings, but not both.
The error "Provider initialization error" may also indicate that "MSDAORA.1" is wrong or you don't have corresponding drivers. You may want to try Oracle driver "OraOLEDB.Oracle" instead.
Finally, you can contact product support with technical issues - they have Oracle for testing.
rpenubothu
Posted: 08/03/2005, 4:06 PM

I tried adding password to my connection string and not using the username/password in that other section....did not work. I tried to use Ora.OLEDB.Oracle and its saying that either i am using wrong provider name or i dont have the related driver installed. I have Ora 9 and running on windows 2000. I will check the versions of the ODBC drivers and try to connect again.

Thanks,
Rajani.

mrachow

Posted: 08/04/2005, 1:15 AM

Short remarks only.
- I have made bad experiences with MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle, I'm using Oracle ones.
- Persist Security Info=True or False will control if a connect string is containing password or not.
rpenubothu
Posted: 08/04/2005, 3:37 PM

I tried different things with the settings and it did not work. Last thing i thought of doing was just reinstall oracle and that fixed my problem. May be something else in my oracle was messed up earlier and reinstallation fixed it with my old connection settings.

Thanks for all your responses.

-Rajani.
Dipti
Posted: 09/22/2005, 12:23 AM

with provider="MSDAORA.1" it is giving the error as "connection failed" unrecognised message generated
upendra
Posted: 10/25/2005, 7:09 AM

Error:Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed
upendra
Posted: 10/25/2005, 7:11 AM

with "Provider= MSDAORA.1 ;

Error:Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login