CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

[HELP] Taskman Installation w/ MySQL

Print topic Send  topic

Oovermars
Posted: 01/24/2002, 8:20 PM

Hi,

I recently downloaded taskman php4 version to install it but i got problems with the database . I set up my database (MySQL) , ran the sql file to create tables and put all the file in my dir .
Problem is that it looks like all that can only work with an ODBC connection .
I thought that program could work only with a MySQL database without ODBC .
I tried all the zip files with PHP and they re all the same (in a database point a view) . Is there somethin I am missing ?
Thanks

Oovermars
reeljustice
Posted: 01/25/2002, 12:28 AM

I concur. I also downloaded a number of the packages, only to find they were all based on an Access database as opposed to MySQL. Either the statements are misleading to us "amateurs" or we are just too much of an amateur to recognize where the MySQL integrations/applications are located.

Joel
Nicole
Posted: 01/25/2002, 4:32 AM

Guys,
to make things clear about MySQL connection refer to one of CC tutorials:
http://support.codecharge.com/tutorials/myodbc.html
Oovermars
Posted: 01/25/2002, 12:20 PM

Hi,

Ok , tx for the answer . i thought that download was a ready-to-use application that needed just 1 paramater to say which type of database & connectivity u use .
I didn t thought that i needed to use CC first to make it work with a type of database.
Tx again

Oovermars

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login