CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

sharepoint web parts

Print topic Send  topic

kabila

Posted: 09/01/2005, 6:23 PM

I dont know if this is feasible or if it comes under the wish list..

Is there a way to develop web parts in CCS that will work with Sharepoint?

-sam
View profile  Send private message
Henryk

Posted: 09/20/2005, 1:37 PM

***BUMP***

I have a sharepoint as well. I want to keep the permissions of the sub websites and the related ccs projects tied together. Right now I need to do all the ccs projects seperately, and then tie them into a web part, which really kills me as far as security is concerned. The problem with the new sharepoint server (as opposed to the older one which played nicely with ccs) is that there is no directory structure to publish to that is obvious to me. My basic site structure is as follows-

Main site - Read only access, general stuff, would have read only versions of ccs projects.
Subsite-Admin version of site. Would have a seperate ccs project which is a read/write version of the parent site.

With the old version of sharepoint, I could simply publish my projects in a folder under the respective site and all security would apply seamlessly (use domain authentication). The new version of sharepoint also uses domain authentication, but it does not appear to have that nice directory structure, in fact the "inetpub" of that site is almost empty seeming when I look at it through the server, but through frontpage it has all the expected directory structure.

The research I have done through google hasn't seemed very promising. I am hoping someone has whipped this problem already. Unfortunately, my company is just too entrenched in sharepoint for me to create a custom portal.

Thanks!

Henryk
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login