CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Problems in Samples + ASP.NET (VB)

Print topic Send  topic

DoomerDGR8

Posted: 09/25/2005, 3:01 AM

Hi!

I have been trying to get the Book Stor sample up & running in VB.Net and have 50% luck so far...

Initially, it was the Could not load type... error... SOLVED
Then, there was the Operation must be updatable query error as soon as the site opened... data was being written to the DB and so I have to grant full access to IUSER_MYMACIHINE to DB.

Now, I am ablt to see the main page, searching is 100% okay, admin login is flawless.

However, clicking Shopping Cart reuslts in an error which is:
Server Error in '/ECom' Application.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.   

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  

Source Error:   

Line 524:End Namespace  

Source File: D:\Program Files\CodeChargeStudio\Projects\EComStore\components\ShoppingCartDataProvider.vb    Line: 526   

Stack Trace:   

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]  
   EComStore.ShoppingCart.shop_totalDataProvider.FillItem(shop_totalItem item, Boolean& IsInsertMode) in D:\Program Files\CodeChargeStudio\Projects\EComStore\components\ShoppingCartDataProvider.vb:526  
   EComStore.ShoppingCart.ShoppingCartPage.shop_totalShow() in D:\Program Files\CodeChargeStudio\Projects\EComStore\ShoppingCart.aspx.vb:337  
   EComStore.ShoppingCart.ShoppingCartPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in D:\Program Files\CodeChargeStudio\Projects\EComStore\ShoppingCart.aspx.vb:69  
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()  
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Also, as I press "Add to Shopping Cart" on any product, I get the same error: Operation must use an updateable query in the error message are (above "Add to..." the button). Similarly, while in admin section, i cannot add/modify anything (categories, items, orders etc). I keep getting the Operation must use an updateable query error...

Thanks!

Ðóó|\/|Er Ð. §rEÃt
View profile  Send private message
DoomerDGR8

Posted: 09/26/2005, 6:10 AM

Well, know I have totally eliminated the Operation must use an updateable query error and now only the ShoppingCart issue remains...

Ðóó|\/|Er Ð. §rEÃt
how did you do that?
Posted: 10/16/2005, 8:35 PM

:-)

Newbie here..

can you please share me the soonest possible time how did you fixed that error..
DoomerDGR8

Posted: 10/17/2005, 6:41 AM

Quote how did you do that?:
:-)

Newbie here..

can you please share me the soonest possible time how did you fixed that error..
Well, the "Operation bla bla" was fixed by allowing 100% full rights to IUSER_MachineName and ASP user account (in Win2000/2003)...

The Shopping Cart still sucks...

Ðóó|\/|Er Ð. §rEÃt
yazan
Posted: 10/25/2005, 1:33 AM

can any one tell what to do with this error

(Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)
DoomerDGR8

Posted: 10/25/2005, 9:33 AM

Well, it *means* that we/program is trying to use an object that is not initialised...
It is declared but is pointing to nothing (or null)...

There is something wrong in this method:
EComStore.ShoppingCart.shop_totalDataProvider.FillItem(shop_totalItem item, Boolean& IsInsertMode)
I'm still figuring it out...

Ðóó|\/|Er Ð. §rEÃt
Wisam
Posted: 11/27/2005, 11:22 AM

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login