CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

editing logged user data

Print topic Send  topic

Tomasz
Posted: 01/28/2002, 2:07 PM

well, this was driving me crazy during last several hours..

I have a record form which allows logged user to change their data. Input tab has all -
field: user_id, variable: User_ID, type: session, data type: number, operation: =, required.
But it shows empty form... and SQL tab is empty... and there's no other input var's...

It's stupid, becouse this page worked (done 2 months ago), I can't remember what was changed and where... Agggrrrhhhh!!!!
Nicole
Posted: 01/29/2002, 1:28 AM

Tomasz,
to set record form to update mode the primary key value is to passed to it. Or else the form would be in insert mode (as you get). Check it.
Tomasz
Posted: 01/29/2002, 2:16 AM

Nicole,

if I transfer user_id to this form, every user will be able to enter in browser adress line: ?user_id=xxx and see&change xxx user details. This is not acceptable...

But before a while I've done what I should 2 days ago: I've checked Bookstore example:-)
I can say only one thing: it's always funny to look thousand times and don't see;-))

works now.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login