CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

Starting Up For A Newbie

Print topic Send  topic

Ash57
Posted: 01/28/2002, 2:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I have seen this question posted before, and have not seen a good answer to it yet (I apologize now if I missed a previous post).

I am new to CodeCharge and think it will be an excellent tool in my web design skills to use php and mysql for a dynamic web site. However I am feeling the frustration most first time users are feeling wondering how the heck this whole program works.

I have been through the php and php/mysql tutorials from webmonkey and a few other sites (and I have seen this suggested as a 1st step for other newbies in other posts) as a way to get started. While I know how php and mysql now work with each other, I am no closer to understanding this program (reading the manual hasnt proven much help either)!

I have tried doing some searching on the net for any tutorials that someone may have constructed but have not found any.

I would like to use CodeChange to its full potential, however where is the "insert tab 'A' into slot 'B'" help that I crave...!

Can anyone help me??? Or am I just a lost cause..... :)

Thanks

Ash
m6
Posted: 01/28/2002, 5:19 PM

I found that loading up one of the simple examples and just looking around at how it was done, provided a good starting place.
Nicole
Posted: 01/29/2002, 2:06 AM

Hello,
I hope I know that could help you. Have you read CC tutorials? I can advice you read some:
Understanding How it All Works
Setting up and using MyODBC to connect remotely to MySQL database
and
Building Database-Driven Event Management Website Using CodeCharge
at http://support.codecharge.com/tutorials.asp
The last one provide detailed step by step description of site building for newbie users.

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login