CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Setting Parameter of Listbox Data Source in Grid

Print topic Send  topic

swilson

Posted: 10/18/2005, 4:43 PM

Can someone please explain the correct way to assign a Where Parameter of the Data Source for a Listbox on a grid?

I need to limit the records displayed by the Listbox to a matching record item, SBN (a textbox) on the same grid row.

Here is the error I get:
SBList.aspx.vb(163) : error BC30451: Name 'SBN' is not declared.
Aircraft_SBPDFFiles_SEB_SData.Expr220 = TextParameter.GetParam(SBN, CObj(1))

This seems a similar issue to my Forum Topic: Using a variable in sql query
Stan had a sucessful solution for the Record Form, but applying that technique to the Grid results in not declared errors. (Which I admit, I cannot solve with my experience and knowledge thus far).

What I have done to set a Where parameter thus far is:
I cliked the ... for Data Source of the Listbox, then cliked the + button, set Condition Type:Parameter, Field Name: SBN (from the drop-down populated by my data source selection), Type: Text, Condition: Equals, Parameter Source: SBN (And I tried {SBN} and Aircraft_SBPDFFiles_SEB_SSBN.Text), Type: Expression, Use Default: 1.

I cannot solve this on my own.

My language is .net vb THANKS!

Posted: 10/19/2005, 7:08 AM

I have endlessly searched the forum, web, KB, etc, and still cannot solve this. Here is perhaps a better description of my need:

How can I use a listbox in a grid when the listbox has a data source of another table with a Where parameter from the grid row. In other words, I want to limit the displayed items in the listbox that pertain only to the record displayed in each individual row.

Specifically, my grid displays service bulletins, row-by-row that apply to an aircraft that is specified by a url parameter. Each Service Bulletin has two or three records that pertain to it. These are in another table and I want to reference each of these records per Service Bulletin in each row of the grid.

I know there are other options, but the listbox is the method that would work perfectly in this application.

Please show me an example or how can I do this?

THANKS!

Posted: 10/29/2005, 9:13 PM

With the help of Support, here's how I solved it:

Before Show of Listbox, I added the code:

SBN_ACSNPDFListBox.Items.Clear()  
SBN_ACSNPDFListBox.Items.Add(new ListItem("View Bulletin", 0))  
Dim PDFFileDataCommand As SqlCommand=new SqlCommand("SELECT * " & "FROM SBPDFFiles " & "WHERE SBID = "&DataItem.PartsCost.Value,Settings.IDPCessnaDataAccessObject)  
Dim ListBoxSource As DataRowCollection=PDFFileDataCommand.Execute().Tables(0).Rows  
Dim j As Integer  
For j=0 To ListBoxSource.Count-1   
Dim Val As String = (New TextField("", ListBoxSource(j)("PDFFile"))).GetFormattedValue("")  
SBN_ACSNPDFListBox.Items.Add(new ListItem(Val, Val))  
Next

I loaded the same value for both the key and text of the listbox items since I needed to pass this same selected item value to an open window javascript in the HTML. Here's how:

On Change of the listbox, added code:
//Custom Code @52-2A29BDB7  
    // -------------------------  
window.open('/IDPCessna/SEBFiles/'+this.value);  
    // -------------------------  
//End Custom Code

This resulted in a limited list box for each grid row that was populated with selectable links to a pdf pop-up. Slick.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login