CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Archive -> GotoCode Archive

ASP 2.0/Templates don't work for me ... any advice

Print topic Send  topic

Robert
Posted: 01/30/2002, 4:17 PM

I've just begun to evaluate CodeCharge. I first did the BugTrack Tutorial and noticed that it would not run. Then I installed one of the sample apps and it also would not run. Went through all the database connections/permissions and ensured that that I can query the .mdb. Finally, I just dismantled the default.asp page line by line and found that the problem is templates.

I then regenerated the BugTrack Tutorial project without templates and it runs great. I did the same with the other sample projects and they run fine also, when not using templates.

When I use templates and point the browser to the default/index.asp page it just hangs and eventually times out.

My entire development environment is on one machine running Windows 20000 Server, Acess 2000 and IIS 5.0.

Any thoughts on the problem I'm having with templates ?

Thank you in advance !

-Robert
CodeCharge Support
Posted: 01/30/2002, 7:30 PM

If you have Norton Antivirus installed, disable script blocking and see if this resolves the problem.
Robert
Posted: 01/31/2002, 10:16 AM

As suggested I turned off Norton Script Blocking and now code generated with ASP2.0/Templates work just fine.

Norton had queried if I wanted to run the scripts, upon code generation, and I had selected to let them run. Guess that's not enough.

So, do I just turn this off when I generate the code from CC, and then turn back on after code generation ? Do I need to reboot in order to have Norton recognize the change in ScriptBlocking ? If you know off-hand that would be great. If not, I'll experiment a bit.

THANK YOU !

-Robert

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login