CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Hide or Make Visible False a Grid Row

Print topic Send  topic

swilson

Posted: 10/29/2005, 9:25 PM

Lot's of talk in the forum about this, but not in .net...

I have an editable grid based on one table, though many of the columns are populated by select queries on other tables. (Reason I did not include the other tables in the data source query was, the update function would not work that way.)

That said, I need to hide certain rows based on the result of an If statement and Select query in each row.

I cannot figure out how to hide individual rows or remove the row from the repeater before show.

The only solution I found (which leaves ugly gaps in the grid) is to make each individual control invisible in it's before show and bypass total calculations.

Please show me the better way for asp.net vb. THANKS!
Posted: 10/30/2005, 11:55 PM

Hi

You can use in BeforeShow Row event

e.Item.Visible = False

Stan
swilson

Posted: 11/01/2005, 4:06 PM

Hi Stan.

Thanks. That worked.

I don't understand e.Item. Where can I learn about this. I should have been able to find this on my own.

Steve
Posted: 11/02/2005, 12:16 AM

Steve

CCS use standard System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater .NET control for grid and editable grid. So you can find a lot of info in MSDN. In your case 'e' is a standard RepeaterItemEventArg argument of ItemDataBound event. 'Item' represent RepeaterItem class that used as main building part of repeater.

Stan

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login