CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Java

Validation from external resources

Print topic Send  topic

icarrara

Posted: 12/01/2005, 3:48 AM

I need to validate the users from an external and already running resource. I have two cases: a document repository and a Ldap directory.

I think these are very common scanarios in an enterprise environment so I hope someone or YesSoftware would support the case.

- First case: I have the users stored in the 'users' table of a document repository. It store the password in a SHA-1 digest format, so I'm not able to read the 'password' field but I have to use the below code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
var repositoryManager = new
RemoteRepositoryManager("http://localhost:1234",
new Credentials("testuser", "testuser"));

var repository = repositoryManager.getRepository(new
Credentials("testuser", "testuser"));
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How can I plug the above (or others) authentication method in a Servlet or Jsp CCS project ?

- Second case: How I can substitute the native authentication method of CCS with a Ldap authentication?
For me there is a path: using the opensource JdbcLdap Bridge from OctetString so I can see the Ldap Directory like a Sql source BUT I can set up the CCS environment for the develop time because I can't get an Odbc->Ldap bridge.... any help or idea?

Thank you!
Ivano
View profile  Send private message
ccsnewbie
Posted: 12/18/2005, 5:03 PM

I have never done external validation in ccs project. But through your description, I do have an idea. I'm afraid if you can send me an email. So I can tell you how to do step by step.

Best Regards

ccsnewbie
ccsnewbie
Posted: 12/18/2005, 5:05 PM

Sorry,
my email address is ccsnewbie@163.com

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login