CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Unable to do basic tasks with .NET - PHP expert

Print topic Send  topic

EMG

Posted: 12/07/2005, 9:33 AM

I've done many PHP apps in CCS and am now attempting to do .NET. Doing the most basic event tasks are difficult and undocumented. Has anyone done extensive work with VB.NET in CCS? Any toughts of feedback? Do the generated object models provide complete flexibility as with PHP?

Example:
For a grid, it appears that the GetResultSet function in the DataProvider.vb file does not add selected fields to the data items collection if the field is not used as a databound control.

My perceived implication is that you cannot access non-control fields when they are included in your grid select statement. If so, this is a serious design flaw and would require excessive database calls for each grid row if you need a noncontrol value from the same statement.

Help.
View profile  Send private message
LV
Posted: 12/07/2005, 10:21 AM

In my opinion, the .NET under CCS is a bit shaky in the current release, lots of weird issues, I have better luck with ASP, it seems to be much better plus just look at the number of posts under the .NET vs ASP you will see very little activities, details are missing in the documentation so you will have to send your question to Yes support to get the answers.

I have to create the most simple application first with all features that I wanted, e.g. time stamp on new entry, keep track of who making changes to the record, search, report, etc. and use it as a template on my bigger project.

May be Yes software do not care much in the .NET area since most .NET developers are using Visual Studio instead.

:-<

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login