CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Configuration Error

Print topic Send  topic

sgadson

Posted: 12/13/2005, 3:48 PM

Hello,

I recently switched from CCS 2 to CCS 3 (using asp.net vb). I am getting a new configuration error that I don't understand. I am publishing to a subdirectory. The subdirectory is setup as a virtual directory. When I load to the subdirectory using CCS 3 I get the following error.

Server Error in '/PIDash' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Exception creating section handler.

Source Error:

Line 12:
Line 13: </sectionGroup>
Line 14: <section name="locales" type="SPS.LocalesConfigHandler,SPS"/>
Line 15: </configSections>
Line 16:

Source File: E:\DevWestar\web.config Line: 14

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'SPS' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = SPS
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///E:/DevWestar/PIDash
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: SPS
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/pidash/34517dec/e612c785/SPS.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/pidash/34517dec/e612c785/SPS/SPS.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/DevWestar/PIDash/bin/SPS.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/DevWestar/PIDash/bin/SPS/SPS.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/pidash/34517dec/e612c785/SPS.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/pidash/34517dec/e612c785/SPS/SPS.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/DevWestar/PIDash/bin/SPS.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/DevWestar/PIDash/bin/SPS/SPS.EXE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

The root directory is: DevWestar (The codecharge project loaded into the root directory is called SPS)

The sub directory is: PIDash

It appears that the project being loaded into the PIDash subdirectory is trying to use the webconfig file in the root directory. Why is that happening?

This worked fine when I load into the subdirectory using CCS 2. Any idea?

Posted: 01/06/2006, 9:50 AM

hi

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login