CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

problem using Apache and Asp.Net

Print topic Send  topic

Nader
Posted: 12/14/2005, 1:57 AM

Hi,
i'm trying to create a simple project to run at Windows+Apache+ASP.NET

i have installed the MS-.Net Framework and configured my Apache and have an virtal Directory named: dotnet

But when i create a simple project and want to publish it, i become following Error:

Warning:Error occurred when creating Virtual Directory in IIS: IIS is not running, or unable to find the Default Web Site in IIS.
Publishing to "C:\BigApache\Apache\dotnet"

It seems, CCS ignores my Apache- Virtual Directory and searches an IIS- Virtual Directory

Is it the requirement of .NET project to run IIS steed of Apache???

Can anybody help me please?

Stan
Posted: 12/14/2005, 2:16 AM

You can disable this by setting 'Create IIS Application' property of the project to false. CCS just try to create such VD under IIS. So if you use Apache, you just don't need to enable this function.
Nader
Posted: 12/14/2005, 2:31 AM

Hi Stan,

thanks for your quick tip, i have now the following error trying the live page:

Parser-Error: The Typ 'dotnet.clsGlobal' could'nt load.

source error:

Row 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="dotnet.clsGlobal" %>

source file: C:\BigApache\Apache\dotnet\global.asax Row: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Versionsinformationen: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET-Version:1.1.4322.2032

Can yor tell me what is wrong now?

thanks

Stan
Posted: 12/14/2005, 2:36 AM

I'm never try to use .NET under Apache. But under IIS such error usually means that virtual directory was not created, or ASP.NET can't locate dll code behind file (it is resides under bin folder of application). Do you have any compiling errors during the project publishing?
Nader
Posted: 12/14/2005, 2:52 AM

Yes! i provocate this, making a false syntax in my code and i become following error:
C:\DOKUME~1\szv59d\LOKALE~1\Temp\~dotnet>C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\vbc /rootnamespace:dotnet /t:library /debug- /optimize+ /out:bin\dotnet.dll /imports:System.Data.OracleClient /r:System.Data.OracleClient.dll /imports:Microsoft.VisualBasic,System,System.Web,System.Xml,System.Data,System.Drawing /r:Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll,System.dll,System.Web.dll,System.Xml.dll,System.Data.dll,System.Drawing.dll /recurse:*.vb /res:strings.resources,dotnet.strings.resources
Microsoft (R) Visual Basic .NET-Compilerversion 7.10.6001.4
für Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 1.1.4322.2032
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1987-2002. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

Error:C:\DOKUME~1\szv59d\LOKALE~1\Temp\~dotnet\NewPage1.aspx.vb(73) : error BC30456: "value" ist kein Member von "System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox".

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Write(TextBox1.value)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:\DOKUME~1\szv59d\LOKALE~1\Temp\~dotnet>REM _End MakeAll
Output

=======================================
Build finished
Publishing to "C:\BigApache\Apache\dotnet"
EMG'
Posted: 12/14/2005, 10:35 AM

.NET cannot run on native apache.
For a work around see Ximian's Project Mono, which is working to build an open-source module. Check http://www.go-mono.com for more information.
Stan
Posted: 12/14/2005, 11:47 PM

Why not? There is mod for Apache, for hosting MS .NET Framework. http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/mod_aspdotnet/mod_aspdotnet-2.0.0.msi

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login