CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> General/Other

Trouble with Dynamic Url's

Print topic Send  topic

vic79

Posted: 12/27/2005, 7:06 PM

I am having problems with an inherited ASP application whose links no longer function after reversing an unsuccessful attempt to move the folder to a new location.

The main page displays a grid with sort headers and additional links within each data row. However, when clicking on any of these links, the browser request string simply mimics the url found within the html template (i.e., "domainName/applicationFolder/{Sort_URL}" or "domainName/applicationFolder/{Link}" ) without resolving the specific URL for that link.

Debugging the problem is proving to be a daunting task since I have next to no experience working with ASP pages and CodeCharge (I am a Visual Studio/ASP.NET developer). I've surmised that the page was generated with Code Charge by the presence of the following code in my main page:

<%
'Include Common Files @1-D6EDE132
%>
<!-- #INCLUDE FILE=".\Common.asp"-->
<!-- #INCLUDE FILE=".\Cache.asp" -->
<!-- #INCLUDE FILE=".\Template.asp" -->
<!-- #INCLUDE FILE=".\Sorter.asp" -->
<!-- #INCLUDE FILE=".\Navigator.asp" -->
<%
'End Include Common Files

Incidentally, the failed moved operation mentioned earlier was attempted and reversed through Dreamweaver. I've manually checked all related file links, and they appear to be correct.

Please!
Any ideas as to the cause of the problem would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks...
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login