CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Improved tutorials

Print topic Send  topic

Alan Reinhart
Posted: 12/31/2005, 7:37 AM

I've been working thru the "Employee Directory" tutorial and have been finding it in a rather "beta" conditon. Important parts are missing (Never told to create a database on my server for the tutorial; had to find the enclosed schema on my own), and the general flow skips simple things that, while obvioius to an experieced CCS'er are NOT for a newbie and should be there. One example is page 38 of the EmpDir tutorial -- the illustrations appear to have nothing to do with modifying the search. And the steps to modify the serach left me totally confused. Any hope the existing tutorials will be reviewed and updated?

A VERY needed addition to the tutorial offerings are specific "how-to's on modifiying and editing code created by a Builder. I'm not new to programming (30+ years) but am new to the "CCS Way". The Builders only need modest explanation -- mostly one can nearly intuit their way through them. But once a page has been created by these wizards, the real need for knowledge and assistance comes in how to make changes, fix oversights, change erroneously selected SQL columns, etc. A tutorial on the overall functioniing and structure of a CCS created page would a super help too.

Regards and Happy New Year!

=Alan R.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login