CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

BC30451: Name 'textfield2' is not declared.

Print topic Send  topic

tasnim
Posted: 01/03/2006, 11:50 AM

i want to display values in the edit page in aspx file.since i ddint no how to display it in asp:textbox i displayed it in inputbox in the value field using <input type="text" name="textfield2" id="textfield2" value="<%response.write(Session("tname").tostring())%>" />

and when i click edit button its trying to update using the update statemnet.
strSQL = "UPDATE TEACHERS SET DESIGNATION ='" & textfield2.text & "' where SID=" & str

but when i run the program its showing the message
BC30451: Name 'textfield2' is not declared.
what is the error.

how can you use asp:textbox value field to retrieve the field from the database using response.write

how to declare a variable globally in asp.net and how can you use it in the value field of asp:textbox.give me an exampe for it.
E43509

Posted: 01/03/2006, 12:04 PM

On the edit page, just add another field using the CCS IDE and make it a label field. As a label type field, this is not used in the sql update. Only input and hidden fields are automatically included.
Set its control source type to code expression and the control source to System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session("tname")

If not a session varaible, you can point the control source for the label to any database field or in a before show, do a Dlookup event to retrieve the data and store it in that label control
View profile  Send private message
UZAID
Posted: 05/09/2006, 12:03 AM

Dim Str3 As String
Dim Con3 As OleDbConnection
Dim Cmd3 As OleDbCommand

Con3 = New OleDbConnection("PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA Source=d:\pmmis_database\pmmis_web.mdb")
Con3.Open()

Str3= UPDATE Master_UOM set UOM_Des="' & txtudes.text& '" where UOM_ID="& Drop1.SelectedItem.Value &"
Cmd3= New OleDbCommand(Str3, Con3)

Cmd3.ExecuteNonQuery()
Con3.Close()

I am running the above given coding with aspx file and i am receiving given below error.
BC30451: Name 'UPDATE' is not declared.

Can anybody help !!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance..

Stan
Posted: 05/11/2006, 1:35 AM

Your forgot a open quote in this line
Str3= UPDATE Master_UOM set UOM_Des="' & txtudes.text& '" where UOM_ID="& Drop1.SelectedItem.Value &"

It should looks as following

Str3= "UPDATE Master_UOM set UOM_Des='" & txtudes.text& "' where UOM_ID="& Drop1.SelectedItem.Value

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login