CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

forms

Print topic Send  topic

Bill
Posted: 01/05/2006, 5:51 AM

I need to get as much detail as possible onto a single non-scrollable page. For example one client can have many locations and each location can have many employees. Say I want to display all this info on one page. If I create a single grid with all three tables then the fields run off the right page into scrollbar territory. Not nice.

So one solution might be to place a form at the top of the page with just clients on it, another form below it with the various client locations, and another form below that one with the many employees. Is this possible? Have really been struggling to get these forms coordinated.

Not looking for a solution at this time, just want to know if it possible. Is it possible to add even more than three tables to the mix. Is it possibel to have multiple small forms on the page, coordinanted and linked to multiple tables, and editable.
Thank you
magus

Posted: 01/05/2006, 2:31 PM

Dear Bill,

You haven't said explicitly, but "grid" suggests that these are display pages rather than edit pages.

If you have CCS 3 you might look at the Report builder. if has nice grouping options.

You might also try the cascading listboxes approach getting the user to select the client then the location which then presents a list of the employees.

Another possibility would be to use <div></div>'s to contain the detail block for each client and dynamically hide/show these using javascript onclick so the user can click to reveal details without refreshing the page.

Regards,
Don A
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login