CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

report customization

Print topic Send  topic

dragoon

Posted: 02/05/2006, 12:11 PM

How a report can be customized? I mean change the background color of a cell, add new labels or Panels? Or the report can't support these items? Or if it supports how can these be accesed?

Besides ReportLabels or Sections nothing else can be customized?
View profile  Send private message
dragoon

Posted: 02/07/2006, 8:02 PM

ok I figured out that I need to specify smth. in Code Source of a label when it's type is set to CodeExpression. (never did this before..why I need to set a value to variable ... just initializing isn't it enough?)

now, in page.aspx.cs i get this piece of code:
//Report expenses_erp_currencies BeforeItemDataBound event @5-E42F8C53  
 protected void expenses_erp_currenciesBeforeItemDataBound(Object Sender, BeforeItemDataBoundEventArgs e)  
 {  
  e.DataItem["DetailRowStyle"].SetValue("");  
 }  
//End Report expenses_erp_currencies BeforeItemDataBound event  

that label is placed in Detail section of the report (i'm using it to change the style of the rows). The problem is, when I don't have any rows in the report I get an exception:
Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  

the only way to stop this is to comment this line e.DataItem["DetailRowStyle"].SetValue(""); (in this case also I don't need to give a value to the label)
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login