CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> General/Other

Any Plan Updates? its been more than two years

Print topic Send  topic

wizy

Posted: 05/22/2006, 12:34 PM

Getting tired of trying to work with the Studio version. CodeCharge is so much simpler to use.

When are we going to see an update to this VASTLY superior program than to Studio? Tired of seeing work and updates for Studio, but the company/programmers are forgetting those who put their trust and use in CodeCharge religiously.

View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 05/22/2006, 1:56 PM

There are no such plans since CodeCharge was already upgraded to CodeCharge Studio...
For example many CC users complained about an inability to modify the HTML or the code before an application is generated, therefore CCS was created as an improved technology that removes many of those limitations and provides other features and advantages. If we wanted to create new update for CC then we would just create CCS 1.0 again.

I also guaranatee that there are hundreds or thousands of other people who can be outraged that we're forgettng them if we decided to spend time on CC instead of CCS. Unfortunately we can't satisfy everyone. "Forgetting" just makes this sound dramatic without any concern for the others.
wizy

Posted: 05/23/2006, 2:12 PM

Quote peterr:
There are no such plans since CodeCharge was already upgraded to CodeCharge Studio...

i dont consider CCS an upgrade. A totally different application, but not an upgrade.

Quote :
For example many CC users complained about an inability to modify the HTML or the code before an application is generated

I never used the HTML part since I created my own design. Just used the code generated to put it into my own design. I've never had problems with that function.

Quote :
therefore CCS was created as an improved technology that removes many of those limitations and provides other features and advantages. If we wanted to create new update for CC then we would just create CCS 1.0 again.

Why? I dont see why you need incorporate anything from CCS 1.0 . All CC needs is an update that can handle new componets like file uploading, date picking, and simple handling of files. That's it. Also to address new updates to MySQL and PHP.

Quote :
I also guaranatee that there are hundreds or thousands of other people who can be outraged that we're forgettng them if we decided to spend time on CC instead of CCS. Unfortunately we can't satisfy everyone.

why? I dont see why a couple of programmers from CCS can't take the time to do some updating to another one of your products? A product that I bought on the notion that updates would be provided to it. At the time I bought CC, It was only updated twice to handle some bugs, mostly due to Microsoft Updates that messed with some of the form creation GUI.

Quote :
"Forgetting" just makes this sound dramatic without any concern for the others.

it is when you've waited for two years with nothing from the support or company to show for it. Forgetting just 1 customer is 1 customer too many

StevenD
Posted: 06/09/2006, 1:14 PM

At the same time as the original releasing CCS, there were report from different people who were testing new functionality in an upgraded/update of codecharge, It was meant to get released but then never did.

Pity because even today I prefer the older program to CCS

Steven
BMOGuy
Posted: 07/22/2006, 12:40 PM

Quote StevenD:
At the same time as the original releasing CCS, there were report from different people who were testing new functionality in an upgraded/update of codecharge, It was meant to get released but then never did.

Pity because even today I prefer the older program to CCS

Steven

I agree as one more user who still uses CC. I've installed CCS a few times, but it just isn't the same product I originally purchased. I feel disappointed that the product has been discontinued instead of improved. CCS is a different product that left a ceratain number of your existing customer unhappy. But I'm sure the new product has also generated new customers with different needs.
Vincent
Posted: 07/25/2006, 9:21 PM

Seriously saying that CC is VASTLY superior program than Studio is ridiculous. I started with CC and move to CCS gladly, it is much more powerful than CC nothing to compare. CC was a good beginning, CCS is the next step. Come on put a little bit of effort into learning it. It won't take you 2 years I promise....
DeWebDude

Posted: 08/15/2006, 1:26 PM

OK Just caught up to this thread and I have a lot of interest in it.

First I agree that studio is probably awesome, the couple of times I downloaded the demo I didn't have the time to put into it.

Second I understand that the perspective is these are 2 different products, and the reasoning that goes along with it, HOWEVER I feel that if you took a poll of CC users, and asked these questions:

1. Would you be willing to upgrade your CC?
2. Would you be willing to PREPAY for your uprade?
3. What features would you like to see if an upgrade was made?

After taking this poll you would be able to put a financial value to the existing base of CC users and figure out if it's worth creating the application upgrade. You would be able to estimate the cost because you are creating a list of enhancements based on the top requests.

This would be a SIMPLE and EFFECTIVE way to make a decision to continue the project or not.

Manarak

Posted: 09/29/2006, 1:57 AM

I think this debate is sterile.
They made their decision not to pursue.
CC was a means to get famous fast, with a lightweight codegenerator, which I bought for 149$ if I remember well.
Now they are selling the Studio version for 500$ to new clients, which is much more profitable than to make an additional upgrade to a product which already has been paid for.
I would like to see a feature comparison between the latest Dreamweaver and CCS.

I remember CCS being a little 'unintuitive' to start with.
CC covers my current needs well, but I have been wanting to try CCS for a long time, but time is the problem. I know how to do simple things in CC in 5 minutes, whereas if I open CCS, I am first desoriented, not knowing where to begin.
FrankR

Posted: 10/02/2006, 8:15 AM

To make this constructive:

I don't think you can ever expect a company to keep a product around forever.
In their view, the Current version of the product is CCS.

But, it's interesting to me that some here like the older version better.
What made it better/easier? Maybe that feedback can be used to
improve CCS.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login