CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

CodeCharge Studio crashes on a regular bases since recently.

Print topic Send  topic

kevin

Posted: 05/23/2006, 3:04 AM

Hello,

I'm losing my mind here, lately my CodeCharge keeps on crashing rather frequently and on random events. For example I am editting a part in the code and suddenly I receive an error in the form of "CodeCharge3 has encountered a problem and needs to close.' Then you can choose between "Debug", "Send Error Report" and "Don't Send".
I'm sure know which kind of error window I'm talking about.

When I debug I can extract the follow "useful" information:
- problem in CCEditorU.ocx!02b26ad8()
- Unhandled exception at 0x02b26ad8 in CCS.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000019.

I currently still work with version 3.0.2.2 and as I realise updating will probably the first thing that I'll be recommended, I'm afraid that updating will mess up my project.
Seeing I have editted quite alot in the main .php files CodeCharge generates I wouldn't like to see it all being for nothing.
I have checked the patch notes for 3.0.4.1 and they don't seem to update anything related to such an error I've received so I doubt it would fix the problem, but do correct me if I'm wrong.

Few things about on what it is running:
- Workin on a laptop running XP (P M 1.7GHz, 1GB Ram) and working with Dual Screen. CodeCharge always is on my second screen.

Steps to reproduce this error:
I have no clue to be honnest, sometimes I can work in peace for hours, other times it crashes every time I try to type some code. I'll try to update this topic/post with more of those exception messages and hope you can do something with this.
View profile  Send private message
zero
Posted: 05/23/2006, 3:40 AM

Hi Kevin!

Did you use autocomplete with PHP?
in update notes for CCS 3.0.3.1 I had found
"Resolved crashes related to the autocomplete feature when editing ASP or PHP code"

Now autocomplete works more stable.
kevin

Posted: 05/23/2006, 5:11 AM

That actually might be it, gona try to put the feature off and see if the crashes still occur. If so I'll try the update to check and be certain if that is the problem or not.

Thanks for the swift response, guess I missed out on something ^^
mamboBROWN

Posted: 05/23/2006, 8:47 AM

Kevin
If the upgrade does not work I would recommend that you contact support ( http://support.yessoftware.com ).

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login