CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Session Variable

Print topic Send  topic

mr_medhat

Posted: 08/24/2006, 3:11 PM

Gentlemen ,

There is something wrong in the Codecharge documentation code about creating custom Session Variables :

It is :

VB.NET
'Button Button_DoLogin Event OnClick. Action Custom Code

Session("User_Name") = Settings.Connection1DataAccessObject.ExecuteScalar("SELECT User_Name FROM Users WHERE User_ID=" &
Settings.Connection1DataAccessObject.ToSql(DBUtility.UserId.ToString(), FieldType._Integer))

The part of ( ToSql ) Doesn’t return a value , and the browser gives the error :
(Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

If I replace the (ToSql) section with a specific value ( Ex. 1 ) I get the correct User_Name of the user with an ID of 1 .

I appreciate your help.
View profile  Send private message
mr_medhat

Posted: 08/26/2006, 5:43 AM

After all the testing I made ,

1 ) If I put the Custom Code OnClick event before the login OnClick Event , Then , The problem lies in the fact that UserId is not already known before the actual login occur , so , DBUtility.UserId doesn’t return a thing !!!!

2) If I Put the Login event first , The redirecting to the referenced page occur before the Session Variable is initiated !!!!

Any Suggestions ?
mr_medhat

Posted: 08/26/2006, 6:17 AM

I Finally solved it ;-) I just moved the custom code from the OnClike Event of the logon Button to the After Unload event of the page ;-)) it’s working fine .

Here is the custom code in case anyone needs it :

Session("Variable_Name") = Settings.Connection1DataAccessObject.ExecuteScalar("SELECT Column_Name FROM Users WHERE User_ID ="& Settings.Connection1DataAccessObject.ToSql(DBUtility.UserId, FieldType._Integer))

All the best for everyone .:-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login