CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP

The Dreaded ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1 When Using Search Builder

Print topic Send  topic

Suntower

Posted: 08/28/2006, 5:25 PM

Hello,

I have a grid, with a linked Search which started out as a Table type. It required some joins that were too complex for the Query Builder so I converted it to SQL and adjusted the joins. Great.

But then I attempted to add a new text control to the Search. I added the text control and then another clause to the WHERE. I then added the parameter at the bottom of the Query Window and generated the page.

Then I get the dreaded ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1 in the Show method of the grid. More specifically at the line:

CachedColumns(j * CachedColumnsNumber) = Recordset.Recordset.Fields("PRODUCTID")
CachedColumns(j * CachedColumnsNumber + 1) = Recordset.Recordset.Fields("LOCATIONID")
CachedColumns(j * CachedColumnsNumber + 2) = Recordset.Recordset.Fields("CMPRODUCTJOIN_LOCATIONID")
CachedValuesNumber = i

...I've read some articles on this error and they indicate that it is because of having ambiguous column names in the SQL Query.

Great. But here's the thing: I don't -have- any ambiguous columns in my query. I -had- them when I created the grid and using a table type, but that was all resolved long ago. It seems as if the project is storing the column names from back when I used a table and won't let go.

For example, the line 'Recordset.Recordset.Fields("PRODUCTID")' refers to back when I created the grid. Currently, there -isn't- a field in the recordset called 'ProductID' (Probably why I'm getting the error.)

Anyone else run into this?

It happens -every- time I:
1. Create a table type grid
2. Change the grid to SQL type
3. Try to alter the linked Search form.

Is there a way around this without having to redo the whole grid and search form every time I want to make changes to the Search?

Frustrated.

---JC

Posted: 09/28/2006, 12:11 AM

This always worked for me without problems, although I quickly review all related elements in detail. Possibly you forgot to change the field name in the sorter or another place that doesn't seem obvious at first.
View profile  Send private message
Suntower

Posted: 09/28/2006, 8:29 AM

The problem is always the same: If one changes the column names in the SQL statement -after- converting the initial table based query to 'SQL', bad things happen. Even if I have checked -all- component names.

The specific problem is in the section of generated code InitCachedColumns()

The CachedColumns() array seems to be -stuck- with the column names from the original table-based SQL statement.

My current workaround is to alias my column names to force them to match the CachedColumns() array. Which is a total pain.

---JC

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login