CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> Help/Consulting -> Help - Jobs Available

Mail merge

Print topic Send  topic

jerrym

Posted: 09/03/2006, 4:28 AM

I am in need of assistance to complete the following task. anyone interested please email for more info & quote for the work. below is a brief;

win 2003 server, iis, ms sql server are the environments. ccs 3 is used with ASP.

from a form the user selects say 3 or 4 criterias for a search on a DB table or view (this table will have projectid, equipmentnumber, ftrnumber, location & name of word doc). the results then displayed in a grid. (up to this point i have no problems implementing myself)

then the user clicks on a button 'merge' to use this recordset to populate numerous word documents. the data from the DB would be say projectid, equipmentnumber, ftrnumber and so. in each word document (this is basically a hardcopy form for inspectors to tick off in their inspections) there are fields for projectid, equipmentnumber, ftrnumber (this can be setup as either merge fields or bookmarks). the final process of the onclick procedure would be the printing of all documents based on the recordset.

regards
jerry
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login