CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

Still Having Problems With Projects, Multiple Folders And Dynamic Styles

Print topic Send  topic

Suntower

Posted: 09/13/2006, 11:22 AM

I'm still having trouble trying to use a project with multiple folders. I'm working on a project that will ultimately contain several hundred ASP pages. So I decided to try creates subfolders and store all my reports in a subfolder called 'Reports'. This has created several issues, some of which may be my ignorance (nothing new there) and some I suspect s.b. added to the CCS 'wishlist'.

1. If I move a page into a subfolder, I have to manually update various links created by the designer. I think CCS should be smart enough to properly update any links that are created with the designer.

2. If I use Dynamic Styles, I lose the styles. The reason seems to be that CCS can no longer find the macro {CCS_Style}. Where is this variable assigned? Can it be changed? And if so, how? What's particularly annoying about this is that the language translations -do- work properly, so if CCS can find -those-, why can't it find the styles?

3. Links start to go funny. I have a 'main menu' of links in a header at the top of each page. If I click on this to load a report page in a subfolder, that page loads -fine- but then when I click on the Main Menu again to load a page not in the subfolder, I get a 404. So apparently there is a 'change directory' when the report is loaded and the proper path isn't restored.

Anyone else have these issues? And if so, how did you deal with them?

Using subfolders would be -very- helpful to me, but at this point they're turning into a real PITA.

Ideas?

Thanks!

---JC

Posted: 09/13/2006, 12:30 PM

When you drag your page into a different folder then do you see the message "Update links to this page?" and do you select "Yes" ?
If you do, I would recommend contacting support and let them reproduce this problem.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login